- Finding what's right for you. First of all, find a space that suits your needs by using our many search filters.
- Read the ratings and reviews.
- Review the safety features.
- Get your questions answered.
- Always communicate and pay on Airbnb.
- Do a safety check.
- Research local travel alerts and warnings.
- We're here to help.
How do I choose a good location on Airbnb?
Taking into account, ideally, tempting locations are usually downtown, beaches, mountains, national parks, or areas close to major events held in the city. More so, smaller towns can also make them top markets for Airbnb investments.
How do I choose a safe Airbnb?
And before you book, be sure you ask your potential host questions so you feel comfortable and safe. Always check the reviews to make sure there are no red flags. Airbnb has a secure system in place, but as always, do what's best for you. If you've had an experience with Airbnb, please tell us about it in the comments!
What's the best way to book a Airbnb?
Send a reservation request
- Go to the listing and click Check availability.
- Select dates, number of guests, then click Reserve.
- If you are shown Confirm and pay, you can book instantly.
- If you are shown Request to book, you can add payment info, review the policies and terms, and message the host before you submit.
Why not to stay in Airbnb?
The biggest problem with Airbnb is hosts cancelling on you last minute. Most short-term rentals are not licensed and thus illegal. At the time of writing almost 80% of online listings were not licensed. You and the owner could be fined.
How do I get better deals on Airbnb?
How to get discounts on Airbnb
- Reserve a longer stay.
- Extend your trip by a few nights.
- Book recently added properties.
- Take advantage of an early bird discount.
- Purchase discounted Airbnb gift cards.
- Use a rewards card to pay for Airbnb.
- Book through an airline portal.
- Message the host.